I apologise but due to the ever rising postal charges as from now postal deliveries will be limited just to the UK.
However, where ever you live in the world you can still enjoy all Ishmael’s CDs, songbooks, and most of the DVDs by downloading them.
Also please checkout and subscribe to the new Ishmaels Songs YouTube channel. Loads of Ish songs being added regularly and sung acoustically by Ish on video, great fun for all the family.
On ‘Training up the troops 2’ I included an instrumental used at brother Timbo’s wedding and on ‘Praise & Glories’ I included another instrumental ‘Here comes (Timmy’s) bride’ which Tim Jupp ( who travelled with me for many years and now is the brains behind Big Church Day Out) wrote as the entrance music for his wedding to my niece Becca. I was also now well into writing books and in my ‘Children of the Voice’ novels I wrote out some words for the ‘Littlekids marching song’. I decided to give the words a tune and included it on this album.Again, many songs on this album became very popular including ‘Glorie train’. For those who didn’t know, around this time I nearly became a TV star presenting my very own children’s series called ‘The Glorie train’ for ITV but sadly the ITV station went bust so it didn’t get any further than the pilot. Oh well!
I may have written a few reasonable songs but I owe a lot of gratitude to other hymn / song writers before me who wrote far better songs and were songs that I as a child really loved singing. With this in mind I wanted the children that I was ministering to, to enjoy some of the old songs and not just the new ones that I and others were writing.Hence this album. I’ll let you into a secret, I never liked singing well known songs and hymns written by other people because (you might have noticed) God gave me a voice that was far more suited to shouting rather than singing. Sadly for me most hymns were not written with shouting in mind. When recording such songs during the mix I raised the level of the children’s voices as high as I possibly could to try and drown out my shouts a bit.You see, I really do sound best singing my own songs, why? Well because I write them with my voice in mind!
Praise & Glories 1991
1) Little lamb 2) Set a guard / I am not ashamed 3) Zacchaeus 4) Littlekids marching song 5) But God demonstrates 6) Here comes (Timmy’s) bride (instrumental) 7) Give honour to Jesus 8) Holy fire 9) Little soldier 10) Glorie train 11) Pour down over me 12) You see just at the right time 13) O holy Child 14) Le Pioneer (instrumental)15) Parents please16) Higher higher 17) Be still and know 18) When the battle is over
Children’s Hymn Celebration 1992
1) All things bright and beautiful 2) I am so glad that our Father in heaven 3) Tell me the stories of Jesus 4) Praise Him praise Him all ye little children 5) The Lord’s my Shepherd 6) He who would valiant be7) Jesus bids us shine 8) Tell me the old old story 9) Sound the battle cry 10) Jesus wants me for a sunbeam11) What a friend we have in Jesus 12) Onward Christian soldiers
As mentioned, the troops albums were a couple of my favourites. Although both 1 & 2 were primarily aimed for children at our Glorie Company gatherings, a lot of the songs on these albums proved to be what we call crossover songs and were picked up by adults and sung at their meetings and services.Again I included a couple of instrumentals and the 1st track Andy and I wrote as the exit music for brother Timbo and his new wife Gill’s wedding service.But with all the great tracks on these albums my favourite has to be ‘What a long hard day it’s been’. Along with Father God I Wonder, this has proved to be one of the most meaningful songs that I have ever written. This song means so much to me personally.I’ve always loved singing Christmas Carols but so often they are played in such a dirgy and depressing way.I wanted children to enjoy singing these great traditional Christmas songs in a bouncy rocky way, hence why I saw the real need for this album.All these years later I still maintain that this is one of the most bouncy, lively yet sincere Christmas Carol albums performed by Christians available.
Now troops 1 & 2 are available on a double CD from us but sadly we had to drop 3 tracks from Vol 1 as there was not enough room on the CD for all of them.
Training up the Troops Vol 2 1989
1) Here comes the bride 2) Come on (Lets praise the Lord) 3) G L O R I E 4) Children of God’s family 5) Light a flame 6) A promise from Your lips 7) Almighty God is here 8) Marching orders 9) Begone you evil minded men 10) Nicodemus 11) Little troopers revisited 12) Lord I need to know you love me 13) Glorie electro-reel 14) The Marksman 15) What a long hard day it’s been (Angels)
After training up the troops 2 in 1989 we released ‘Hooked on Ishmael’ but I’ve not included this because this was not my recording. This was Tim Jupp’s wonderful instrumental album linking a whole host of songs from my previous albums together and really making them bounce along in the then popular ‘hooked on’ style.
Christmas Carol Celebration 1991
1) Oh come all ye faithful 2) The first Nowell 3) Good Christian men rejoice 4) Away in a manger 5) Angel’s from the realms of glory 6) Once in Royal David’s City 7) Ding dong merrily on high 8) See amid the winters snow 9) O little town of Bethlehem 10) God rest ye merry gentlemen 11) Silent night 12) Hark the herald angel’s sing
With the idea of ‘Training up the troops’ came some of the most exciting days in the Glorie Company. When I released this first Troops album I asked all my team to come to Spring Harvest dressed in army fatigues. The idea was to teach children that we are all in God’s army and in a battle against the evil one who wants to wreck the lives of both young and old. Pretty heavy stuff for 8 to 11 year olds maybe, but I believe they not only took it onboard, but also became a lot Spiritually stronger after learning (in a child friendly way of course) about Spiritual warfare. The 2 Training up the troops albums are 2 of my favourite recordings containing some very strong songs and strangely enough, I even wrote some instrumental tracks to include on them which we used for our ‘keep fit’ slot in the Glorie Company programme. Originally only released on cassette as cassettes were now the ‘in’ thing and the way everyone was listening to music on their Sony Walkmans!Now troops 1 & 2 are available on a double CD from us but sadly we had to drop 3 tracks * as there was not enough room on the CD for all of them.Songs for Little troopers was recorded all electronically and Tim Jupp (who travelled with me for many years playing keyboard) would now be the mastermind behind many of the albums to follow. This is a great bouncy recording for our little younger troopers who may have found some of the more ‘mature’ tracks on the troops recordings a little too old for them.
Training up the troops 1988
1) The commission (Instrumental) 2) We are in God’s army 3) We are all assembled 4) Little troopers 5) Training up the troops* 6) I will call upon the Lord 7) God is here God is present 8) We are the Glorie Company 9) We will praise You* 10) Don’t be lazy 11) The deserter 12) Lord I strive 13) May the peace and presence 14) We belong to an army 15) Mission accomplished (Instrumental)
Songs for little troopers 1989
1) I’m a little Glorie (Instrumental) 2) Lord we’ve come to worship You 3) I want to learn about Jesus 4) 39, thirty nine 5) The Grasshopper song 6) I don’t need to be big to be beautiful 7) Little man 8) So if you think you’re standing firm 9) 5000 + hungry folk 10) The Lord’s prayer 11) Lord You gave me joy in my heart 12) I will click my fingers 13) Down in a noisy small valley 14) Lord I want to be a Glorie 15) There’s nothing better 16) The Lord’s army 17) The Royal Prayer Force 18) Father God I wonder 19) I’m a little Glorie (Reprise)
With Scripture Praise Party I seriously got down to putting simple little tunes to Bible verses. My main aim was to help children to learn Scripture. I deliberately wanted the tunes to be annoyingly catchy and would aim to write each song in 10 minutes max. I would then test each song out on an audience and if they were not able to whistle the tune after I’d sung it through twice, i’d drop the song. To this day I still cannot remember what possessed me to put a nagging wife is like a dripping tap on a children’s album!
For many wonderful years I was a member of Gerald Coates Pioneer team along with my good buddy Noel Richards and a few others. I have to say these were fun and very exciting times and we saw God do some amazing things. I wanted to add a bit of finance to help support the team so I released a compilation album called as subtle as a sledgehammer because to be fair, Pioneer was famous for being just that! The songs were totally unsubtle and some of my favourites and the little profit that was made was ploughed back into Pioneer.
Scripture Praise Party 1987
1) I have hidden your word 2) Be merciful to me O God 3) Now the Lord is the Spirit 4) All Scripture is God-breathed 5) To all who received Him 6) He has shown you 7) For the Lamb 8) Wealth and possessions 9) Where O death is your victory 10) A nagging wife 11) Those who belong to Christ Jesus 12) Don’t be afraid 13) Wakey wakey 14) Jehovah Jireh 15) No matter how much you dream 16) There is no darkness 17) The still small voice 18) Jesus said ‘not everyone who says to me’ 19) A backslider gets bored with himself 20) The people cried with their voices loud 21) Beatitudes 22) For if you forgive men 23) Do not store up 24) Praise and glory
As subtle as a sledgehammer (Compilation) 1987
1) Its amazin what praisin can do 2) D is for dynamite 3) I wanna be free 4) Word of wisdom 5) Supernaturally 6) Praise Party 7) Lord you put a tongue 8) The fields are ripe 9) I will pour out my Spirit 10) We will praise, we will praise 11) The sky is filled 12) O Lord You’re great 13) Where oh death is your victory 14) Beatitudes 15) Father God I wonder